Welcome to the Family!Are you interested in exploring what it means to become a member of Clairlea Park Presbyterian Church? Membership means publicly professing your faith in Jesus Christ; committing to worship, serve and learn together with other Christians in our church family; and supporting our life in Christ together with your time, talents, prayers and financial resources.
The process of becoming a member at Clairlea Park Presbyterian Church involves attending the “Welcome to the Family” Membership Seminar course or watching a set of membership talks by Pastor Kevin; then having a personal conversation with our pastor to discuss your own journey of faith; and then choosing a Sunday service when we can publicly receive you as a part of our church family.
You are under no obligation to become a member by watching these talks; and current members are encouraged to watch them as a “refresher” in some of the basics of our life together as a church family. Enjoy!
Membership Talks by Pastor Kevin
- 1 What does it mean to be a Christian?
- 2 What is a Presbyterian and what do we believe?
- 3 Why do we worship the way we do?
- 4 Baptism and the Lord's Supper
- 5 How do we govern and organize ourselves in the church?
- 6 Why be a church member? Privileges and Responsibilities
Link to the Presbyterian Church in Canada's statement of beliefs: