At 3:00pm on September 9th 1951, the congregation of Clairlea Park had it's beginnings in the corridors of Regent Heights Public School with 93 people in attendance. The Reverend James Fyfe Donald of Emmanuel Presbyterian Church was the minister.
In May 1952, the ancient and uncared for cemetery at the corner of Pharmacy and St Clair was removed for the development of the Clairlea area.
In 1955, the Clairlea Park congregation was still waiting for a church building to be erected on their land. The dedication and perseverance of the congregation was strong, and finally on November 6th 1956 the construction was initiated with a sod turning ceremony. The cornerstone of the church was laid on December 16th 1956 at 3:00pm.
On Sunday April 14th 1957 the church building was dedicated to the Glory of God. Clairlea Park Presbyterian Church remains to this day dedicated to serving its community and sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ in this neighborhood.
As for the future one can but quote the words of Hudson Taylor -
".....The future is as bright as the promises of God"